Love in the darkness | Teen Ink

Love in the darkness

March 6, 2018
By kaitlynpereira21 BRONZE, San Diego, California
kaitlynpereira21 BRONZE, San Diego, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

A blind boy wanders around a dark room. A deaf girl follows him. They both can never love each other for he cannot see her for who she is and she can never hear what he has to say. They feel for the warmth of each other, for a feeling that the other is there, but they feel nothing. The molds are forcing them apart, and so they move. For what is the point if they cannot hear nor see each other’s worlds. Nor feel the love they know is there. They grow separately but are still connected somehow. The boy is now a man and he remains searching for what he knows is there but he can never find. The girl is now a woman who keeps her ears open every moment of every day desperately trying to listen for what she knows is speaking but she can never hear. How can they love in darkness, how can they love when they are worlds away. Open your eyes, keep an ear out, for you never know what you might hear or find. A small whisper, a little shadow, hope of anything. A little faith that they will survive, to find each other. To reach out. For the man and woman must love in the darkness, or let time tick away until the love dies out, and they become the darkness.