The Forgotten

Have you ever looked out the window when you were in a car and saw people on the roads begging for money? Or noticed a family bunched together in the rain without a place to live?

Millions of people across the world are homeless. They suffer from a lack of basic needs such as food, water, and shelter. About 500,000 people in the U.S are homeless and in some nations the government doesn’t even try to help these people. Due to this, the number of homeless keep on going up in various countries and many of those who raise children experience worse. They have to make sure their young is healthy and that they are too. Speaking of being healthy, many of the homeless also suffer various diseases and mental illness. It hurts me to see them tolerate this hardship. I think guilty of myself for having a better life then they do. Of course I’m going to consider helping them, but at my age I can only do so much. Maybe you could think about doing something in order to help these folks.

However many people nowadays don’t pay attention to the homeless. It’s all about snapchat, instagram, and other social media. There’s not anything wrong with that, but have you ever taken some time to get to know the homeless. People are so busy paying attention to these new high-tech gadgets rather than noticing the family sleeping on the rock hard pavement during the winter cold. Imagine being in their place, would you have liked that? I certainly wouldn’t. Surely the homeless have a reason to be stuck in the situation they are in. But like you and me, I think the homeless deserve a second chance.

With all this high tech and new developments though, the homeless are running out of options. Once there were many homes which the poor could rent, but now those are disappearing for the growth of better advancement. Why? Why does it have to come this way for them? What did they do wrong to deserve this? The world is truly very biodiverse, but I think everyone should be treated fairly. Do you think so too? Of course some of us might look at them and say they smell, they look unsanitary, and many other things. We might not want to even go near them thinking about what diseases they might carry. But what would you have done if this certain person was a close friend or a family member?

With this mind, some homeless also suffer a loss of limbs too. I see some of that in India, where there are a lot of homeless people on the road. They come up to cars begging, but most of the time I see people just ignoring them or yelling at them to go away. Many close their windows in the car and several say that it’s dangerous to give money to them. These people on the road range from poor little newborns to the elder and when I look at them question like, ‘why do people ignore them?’ pop up in my head. Did they do anything wrong? But still, at every single traffic light I see homeless people making their way through the traffic. We aren’t intending to hurt them but we could consider lending a helping hand to them.

Moreover you guys have a higher chance of getting the things you want to simplify and live a life without any troubling conditions. The homeless though, are sort of the complete opposite. They sometimes have to sit in the scorching hot sun for hours. They might have to walk on foot for miles and miles, occasionally without any footwear. They get weaker day by day without food or water. Maybe if you at least think about taking action, no matter how small, the lives of those on the roads could become better inch by inch. “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” Think about it.