Wishing for a Parents Love | Teen Ink

Wishing for a Parents Love

By Wesley_350 PLATINUM, Huntington, Indiana
Wesley_350 PLATINUM, Huntington, Indiana

The things I’ve done are bad and some are good. When you criticize me for my flaws, failures, and mistakes it makes me feel worse for what I’ve done. You say that I have no remorse or empathy, that I’m incapable of them. Well here’s a little insight into my brain, try not to go crazy. I did some horrible s*** I can’t deny it and I won’t, but I would never take back what I have done. “Why not?” You ask well here’s why; I’ve learned from my mistakes, I know what to do to avoid them in the future, and I know how to deal with them if they overtake me again. So the next time you criticize me for mistakes, flaws, and failures just remember one thing; I’ve learned.
I don’t care what you think because it’s just an opinion, not fact. Yeah, it hurts to be bullied by someone that’s supposed to be there for me, but he can only point out my mistakes. S***, it feels like someone is constantly stabbing me. I know you love me and want the best for me, but you suck at showing it. This life that I’m living is incredible except for you not listening to me. You never did and probably never will. I gave the distress signs but you couldn’t see them.
Please, Dad, don’t criticize me anymore; you don’t live with me anymore, I have changed and it’s all for your love. I love you Dad!

My Dad doesn't hit me, but he gets hurt and his sadness comes out as anger. When he's angry he says things that are only half true. I love my Dad but sometimes he hurts my pride.