Baby Blue Eyes | Teen Ink

Baby Blue Eyes

January 19, 2018
By writing123 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
writing123 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dirty, dull, and dark are the only words that come to mind when I look at them. The color of chocolate during the day and charcoal at night. My eyes are not glimmering shades of emerald or grey like storm clouds. They are the color of cocoa on a cold, winter’s day. As dark as the coffee you drink to wake yourself up in the morning.
But his eyes, his brilliant, bright blue eyes, always manage to catch mine. His eyes are like the blue of a water so deep you’re afraid to jump in, yet that’s all you want to do. His eyes scream of adventure. The kind of adventure that lasts a lifetime. I find my eyes constantly gazing into his, he stares back, neither of us daring to break contact. His eyes are the window to my soul.
Seconds slowly slip by and finally, he turns away. Sadness washes over my face for a split second. I go back to my assignment but his bright blue eyes linger in my mind. Why doesn’t he always stare back? My eyes are bland and boring, not breathtaking like his. Yet, he always manages to stare right back into my boring ones.