I Am A History Textbook | Teen Ink

I Am A History Textbook

By Jmmason2626 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
Jmmason2626 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin

If you tell people where to go, but not how to get there, you'll be amazed at the results. ~George S. Patton

History is something different to everyone. A glimpse into the past and a snapshot of yesterday. An extra hour of useless homework and stories of people long dead. To those who wish for a glimpse back into history, they find comfort in me. You would like World War Two? Page 247. Vietnam? Page 362. For I possess the stories of yesterday and the days before, written in peace, binding print, unchanging.

History is something different to everyone. A favorite subject that intrigues beyond all belief. A horrible period of boredom and struggle. To those who prefer the subject, they find knowledge in me. You would like to know casualties in war? Page 42. The 13th President? Page 15. For I possess the answers of yesterday and the days before, written in fact, concise print, reflecting.

History is something different to everyone. A key to unlocking the mistakes of the past and learning for them. A failed method of government that we won’t need to know about. To those who fear making the same mistakes, they find morality in me. You would like to know about the Final Solution? Page 675. The Empire of Japan? Page 789. For I possess the mistakes of yesterday and the days before, written in solutions, preventative print, remembering.