Heaven's Angel | Teen Ink

Heaven's Angel

December 7, 2017
By futurista12 ELITE, Far Rockaway, New York
futurista12 ELITE, Far Rockaway, New York
615 articles 1 photo 114 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And though she be but little, she is fierce."- Shakespeare


When you removed the stones from beneath our feet, did you realize we would fall? Did you realize there was no safety net to break our fall? Did you realize our bones- our brittle, tired, feeble bones- would shatter? Did you realize there were no angel wings to catch us? Did you realize we were undeserving of a Savior?

When you blinded our eyes, did you know we would stumble in the darkness? Did you know we would tumble into ravines, holes, ditches? Did you know there was no surgeon able to remove our cataracts? Did you know there was no angel to guide our steps? Did you know we were undeserving of a Savior?

When you brought down the rain, did you realize we would surely drown? Did you realize we could not swim? Did you realize the cold truth of the water would swallow us up? Did you realize we had no lifesavers? Did you realize there was no lifeguard to pull us to safety? Did you realize there were no angel wings to keep us dry? Did you realize we were undeserving of a Savior?

When you left us, did you know we were completely alone? Did you know we had no one else at all? Did you know you had made us orphans? Did you know there was no Mother Teresa to take us in? Did you know there was no angel to keep us in the safety of her wings? Did you know we were undeserving of a Savior?

Do you know we are undeserving of a Savior??!!! Did you know you were an angel? I heard you. I heard you sing of Heaven, I heard you speak of your other home, I heard them say you wouldn't hurt anymore. Why didn't you tell me you were an angel? Why didn't you tell me you would fly away? Heaven.. Heaven sent you, Heaven missed you, Heaven wanted you back. And Heaven wouldn't wait- couldn't wait- for you.

When you removed the stones from beneath our feet, how did you know we would be strong enough to stand?