Once Upon a Forgotten Time This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.

I was small
Once upon a forgotten time.
My leaves were tiny,
My roots were short and shallow.
My branches were twigs,
Once upon a forgotten time.

Since then,
I’ve planted my feet,
I’ve reached for the clouds,
I’ve streaked and scratched the sky.
I was just a tiny, little seed,
Once upon a forgotten time.

Many storms have raged above,
Many seasons have come and gone; yet I grow,
Yet, I stand here just the same.
This oak was a wee sprout,
Once upon a forgotten time.

Each year,
The world has changed,
And so have I.
My roots deepen and dig down,
They twist and twine into history,
My short, sharp twigs reach above any building,
Becoming unbreakable branches.

Remember my seedlings,
I was small,
Once upon a forgotten time.
I am a mighty oak,
And in time, my children,
You will be too.

This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category. This piece won the April 2016 Teen Ink Art and Photography Contest.

Destiny said...
This us amazing you really do have talent in poetry

Destiny said...

Nated315This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 22, 2016 at 10:04 am
Thank you so much :)

HammadWaseemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That's awesome! @Nated315 will you check and comment on my work named,"The Unbeatable Breakdancer"? :)

Aug. 23, 2016 at 1:03 am
i sure will!!!

mem228This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a beautiful poem with fantastic descriptions.

May 20, 2016 at 9:40 am
@mem228 Thank you:)

Liamb135 said...
May 11, 2016 at 8:55 am
THis is beautiful!!!!

May 12, 2016 at 8:43 am
thank you!!!!!!!!