refrigerator words This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.

Love
Is the kind of word
You find spinning in the ceiling fan.
While

I miss you
Is hanging from the telephone receiver
And falling on the hardwood floor,
Caught underfoot or away in the pantry.

Soon
Is resting, sleepy, in the backseat of the car,
Or hidden away with the rest of her secrets in a basket of socks.

Remember
Is stuck in the shoebox under the bed,
already full of pictures from days a million lifetimes ago,

Gone.
Is sometimes deep in the junk drawer
Or buried in the refrigerator, next to the broccoli and under the milk,
But often, it is sitting
Silent
In someone’s left rainboot.

This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category. This piece won the November 2015 Teen Ink Poetry Contest.

crumpled_parchmentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 26 at 2:07 pm
Wonderful imagery! Keep writing. :)

ItsTimeToBeginThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
gorgeous, gorgeous imagery

Nadia.A This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! I love this so much! Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to read through your other pieces, but I have clicked the 'email me when Em162 contributes work' so I will be reading much more of your beautiful work soon!