How can we love? | Teen Ink

How can we love?

By Hatchetlover4eva SILVER, Phillips, Maine
Hatchetlover4eva SILVER, Phillips, Maine

"We look forward to the time when the power of love will replace the love of power then will our world know the blessings of peace" William Ewart Gladstone

I just want to make a difference in the world, it's just so hard to become something that I truly want to be.
I want to show people how much I can love and care, but all I can show is show the hate,
my past was so scary i just locked my feelings in a crate, in my own little private cage, I want to unleash unto the world and show how great I can be,
but every time i try people just push me away, They just shrug me off,
I never meant to hurt anyone...truly.
I always hurt the ones I love, but I cant read messages of them loving me back,
I know what I do is wrong and that I always take the bad turn for the worst. But I love you, isnt that enough?
I give you all of my heart and love, I want to give you everything. But when I try, you take it for gradient,
I'm not perfect, i mean who is? I have my terrible and treacherous past just like the last guy,
How am I supposed to make you love me more then everyone else? More then that last guy? If the world expects us to act, care, and believe the same beliefs, then how can we make others love us?
If we stand out then we get shot down by the people, our people. The people we love. They want us to all be the same, but were not, were all different.
I just want to make a difference in the world...