Life is good.

Will you degust all the flavors in life?

Will you consume all the happiness?

Will you savor all the pain?

For what good would life be, if it were not digested?

Just a collection of moments,

And emotions and rain.

Are these things just obstacles designed to steer us from our path?

But if it weren't for these things, 

Life wouldn't be the same.

We have a choice, whether or not we want to cherish it.

Even if it's only an interconnection of relationships,

A passing phase.

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like this poem. It's thoughtful, it's beautiful, and it has a strong message. My favorite line is "Just a collection of moments,/And emotions and rain." Well done!

AliFreas replied...
Thanks :)

CaseyChickenWang This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Short, simple poem. Very insightful and it really got me thinking :) I loved it! Keep up the great work

aligurrl replied...
Thank you :)

ShagunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 9, 2015 at 10:43 am
My thoughts exactly!I mean 'Even if it's only an interconnection of relationships,A passing phase' That's my motto. Even though I only read and write prose, I am falling in love with how you write, so perceptive. Love it!

aligurrl replied...
Jan. 10, 2015 at 12:21 am
Thank you! It means so much to me to know you identify with my work :)