Eccentric This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.

I remember it
so well – end of August,
the air still rife with heat,
the night stars, and
I felt

that I was a star
just beginning to realize
my so-called “brilliance,” and
for a moment I
believed

that life
was my thumb to bend
however far back I pleased,
maybe even breaking
a bone

if I wanted to.

This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category. This piece won the December 2014 Teen Ink Poetry Contest.

DietCokeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
*o* ummm... just *0*

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 11, 2015 at 10:56 am
Ahh yes! Yes! So happy you won!

JRaye This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I believe I commented on this last September - really, this is something else. I'm in a point in my life where I'm beginning to realize my potential in this world, and this poems rings true for me now more than ever. This is a stunning piece of work, it's so uplifting and inspiring and beautiful...congradulations on the publication, and thank you again for writing this. :)

One of the most unique I've read on TI, beautiful work!

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's eccentric itself. Twisted but perfect as it is. I absolutely love the ending. Couldn't have been better.

Amai-kun This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 13, 2015 at 11:26 am
This is beautiful and very inspiring. It's well worth being published.

CaseyChickenWang This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow this is good :) Teach me how to write oh wise one!

ansem_unlimited said...
Very inspirational, well said, & if I may add that this is your only article on your profile (or I may be stupid/blind) & your results are astounding. Hate to break it to yah but I don't have any advice to give you that you don't alreadtly know, I'd say good luck but you're set:)

MissEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 16, 2014 at 1:22 am
Wow. This is is simply, amazing. I absolutely, love this. I love how it is smooth, how it has rawness and emotion and how it is simple yet filled with power and beauty. You have such a talent and greatness and light in you! And you are a amazing and wonderful, talented writer. To be honest, I am proud and glad that you are getting to be published for you truly deserve it; you truly do. Congrats, my friend! Thank you so much, for sharing this! And again, congrats. :)

Ang_loveee said...
Wow! This is an amazing poem and I honestly can't think of anything you could change to make it better! I think you're a very talented writer with a lot to offer!

XxSmilesxX said...
Oct. 12, 2014 at 8:57 am
I loved it. Keep up the work!

elycavill This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like it very much (Oh, well it's good. :P). Rythm, message, and in particular this part
"for a moment I
believed   that life
was my thumb to bend"; not only the description but how you made an intermission there so it made it all sound stronger to me while reading! 
Good job! :)

violawritermady This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 8, 2014 at 2:14 am
Love it! It's very unique - I don't think I have ever seen anything like it! I love that. You deserve that Editor's Choice 100%!!! I would love to hear what you think of either of my poems. Thanks! 

Zz9PluralZAlpha said...
What a lovely, "eccentric" poem. I can tell this was what was going through your head when you made that realization. I love it when people write like that.

mrsmusicforlife said...
This is perfect. You truly earned that editor's choice badge. It's short and to the point and the your word choice is great. I love its unique structure and it's just overall amazing. I rated it as a 5/5!

RayynStorm said...
Your thumb metaphor is a good choice--it really connects to people and gives a good, though somewhat gruesome, visual. Short and to the point, I like that! The beginning though is a bit vague when you say "I remember it" I still don't know by the end of the poem what you're remembering unless you're just speaking of the feeling you had that you remember.

face-erased This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
You guessed it right, when I say "I remember it" I'm talking about the feeling I'm describing in the poem. I can see how that would be confusing. :)

Starcatcher001 said...
The thumb was a really neat metaphor. My only critique is that at the beginning it was a bit choppy and confusing. Maybe if you add some punctuation or form it could help, but I also completely understand the creative genius behind a lack of structure so I might be the one seeing this piece wrong! Please keep writing because your word choice is superb!

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really loved this! The way you split the stanzas up was perfect, and the poem was amazing! I love the way you compared yourself wih a star, and how you discover your "Brilliance, it's really outstanding! Never stop being you, and never stop writing! CX

This just...yes...amazing! I can truly, truly relate to this and I love everything about it, thank you for posting :)