WITHOUT BLAST! A parody on Without Me by Eminem about the show Blast | Teen Ink

WITHOUT BLAST! A parody on Without Me by Eminem about the show Blast

By Maryk PLATINUM, Waterford, Michigan
Maryk PLATINUM, Waterford, Michigan

"The ability to learn is greater than the ability to teach." - Arnold Jacobs
"He who slays monsters will become a monster himself"-Nietzsche
"UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing is going to get better its not"-Dr.Suess
“They are poor, especially for the player, I think it is very difficult to have auditions and find a suitable way to judge, because we have a great many talented players to choose from. This means a lot of heartbreak for the people who are very capable.”-Arnold Jacobs, Teacher and Tuba Player

Intro: Two big tubas go round the outside (repeat two times)

Guess who’s gone

Gone to Japan

Blast is gone

Tell all the fans! (repeat 2 times)

Verse One: P.B.S is a monster they don’t want to see Blast no more/ They want more Arthur, and their chopped liver! Well if you want Blast, here’s what I’ll give ya/ A little bit of Sousaphone mixing up beats harder/ some tuba beat box that will slide me quicker than watching Blast on YouTube, which makes me sicker. when the videos load, my computer gets slower!/ I’m rocking in a corner while crying I waited this long and they still aren’t coming! They haven’t comeback, online I keep checking. I know P.B.S you want the money, but ignoring us band-geeks that an’t funny! So I want to say this, but your editors won’t let me be, but Super Why and Ruffman are sucking pass because the band room feels empty without Blast.

Chorus: Now this looks like the job for me

So come on fans, just listen to me

P.B.S needs a kick and fast

Cause it feels so stupid without Blast

Verse Two: Now us band-geeks are feeling mean, cause now they rerun Lawrence Welk and now Jimmy Dean? Prairie Home Companion is relentless, that old –timely show makes us feel rebellious. We like the sound of those French Horns but now they show us these shows that are total corn! Blast was a total visionary but because it was new, they thought it was scary. It could have been a revolution/ a good solution but now P.B.S thinks its airwave pollution! / Now their outlaws, why you ask? Cause now they like Dick Clark and Andre Rue and let it pass. No wonder it’s a disaster, a catastrophe, now they got the Cat in The Hat…Sorry Audrey! Now they’re busy laughing, Wa-ha-ha-ha-ha! Shhhhhh! / Fix yourself up we’re going in cause now your audience is getting thin. Their interesting, better than wrestling the music’s in your ears and its nesting. It makes sense so let them be…but wait a minute, is repetition that bad for me?

So come on fans, just listen to me

P.B.S needs a kick and fast

Cause it feels so stupid without Blast

Verse Three: A tisk-it a task-it, Raise that yellow flag and we’ll cause a racket! Were sick of Barney so we’ll start a riot, and tell Angelina Ballerina to hike it! Caillou you get your butt kicked like Redwall, which was a hit but was canceled because it had weapons in it! Sir Topinhat quit harassing Thomas, Henry, and Toby or your insults will ship your a*** to Nairobi. You P.B.S don’t know what’s good for us instead; you dumped The Magic School bus. Now look at all the fun we missed cause of your cancellation list, and now you make a fuss about this. Now we band geeks are really pissed! Instead of collaborating, you were dismissive and degrading. A chance to teach kids music was ruined by editors and complainers that were sick. It’s now a disaster caused by a bunch of greedy and needy misers, who cover up this mess with paints and plasters. Now the walls are coming down why you ask. Cause it feels uninspiring without Blast!

So come on fans, just listen to me

P.B.S needs a kick and fast

Cause it feels so stupid without Blast (2x repeat)

(end melody of Without Me played by a tuba)

SHOUT: “COME BACK!”

I am a proud fan of Blast and a tuba-player too