My Mistake

These eyes tell lies.
Hope blinds me in the presence of you;
It fills me,
Until I can no longer
Accurately see.
Yes, you hid behind the hope
I so gratefully drank.
I laid my trust by your feet,
Naively, Ignorantly, Stupidly.

Big mistake.

moderndayEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:24 am
I acn connect. I have done this to someone I had trusted so much, and might still be doing, but I can't help but do it. Because I love that person so much, and I don't mean loving romantically. The person is one of my parents, my parents are divorced. I loev this. You are such a talented person and writer, that you leave me in awe. Thank you for sharing this!

Midnight5765 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Different, you made me think of several eyes that look sweet but are actually devious. My favorite part was the last five words.

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
so emotional and relevant! I absolutely love the ending you added it was so powerful!   o^_^o

Luv4Ever said...
I love the display of emotion by this piece!!!

_Zavery_ said...
Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:52 am
This is short but descriptive and effectively portrays a big message. I really like this poem, great work!