Dictators | Teen Ink

Dictators

December 12, 2013
By Akassk8 GOLD, Evanston, Illinois
Akassk8 GOLD, Evanston, Illinois
10 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.


Dictators
I know I shouldnt let society dictate what I say,
So im gunna say what society hates to hear.

People are meant to loved and machines are meant to be used, so why are people being used and machines being loved.

When your batteries die and your touchscreen stops working you're stuck with a dead iPhone that's possibly broken.

Friends live on and can be loved, NO, should be, so why put so much trust into something so simple like a t.v.

Whether you're religious or not, you have to believe that we were all put on this earth for a reason, or at least that's me.

I think, no I know , that we, as people, weren't meant to hurt or use each other, but nowadays everyone's turning on each other, even their brother, shame.

We're all playing the game of life, and most of us got the rules twisted, because rather than playing on teams we're playing as opponents.

But I don't blame us, as people, because imagine having instructions, to the game of life, read to you backwards, you won't know what's wrong from right and right from wrong and with that guidance we're stuck in the song that society wants us to sing.

We're their birds, their puppets, their tools. The same tools they use to makes the machines which we in future turn to love.

Is this our circle of life?


To be used as tools of society that make the same things that cause us to treat each other as machines and love the things we create.

It's sick right?
Well THATS the world we live in.