Come. Join The Revolution. You'll Be Glad You Did. :) | Teen Ink

Come. Join The Revolution. You'll Be Glad You Did. :)

June 27, 2013
By Geriw BRONZE, Livingston, New Jersey
Geriw BRONZE, Livingston, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 3 comments

When the revolution began, I was The first of many to be targeted.
Nobody over the age of 8 wears Clothing from the GapKids, they Said.
Pigtails and Barbies are best left Buried away at home, they said.
Loud eruptions of laughter and tid- Bits of randomness were totally Unacceptable, they said.
I should have suited up in my Battle gear and fought their Criticism head on, but it was no Use; their weapons were mightier And fierce enough to send a group Of insecure adolescents fleeting.
I kept up an internal fight for as Long as I could, yet it was all in vain.
In the end, I relented. I had Traded in my butterfly wings for The life of a lowly caterpillar.
When it was over and done, the revolution brought forth a change Not only in me, but also in the Reformers.
Their voices now sang a different Tune.
With envious, disgusted, and hurt Eyes, I watched as they carelessly And childishly flaunted what had Once been mine.
Oh! What a mess that revolution Had made!
It had stripped me of all my Friends, family, personality, zest And happiness. the only thing the Savage beast had left was mere Crumbs! There was no way to Reclaim anything.
If there is one bit of advice I can pass on to you dear readers is this:
Originality overrides normality in A heartbeat!
Where as originality is the Existence of the imagination and Creativity, which makes us unique
Normality is the absence of said Uniqueness and thus the plagiarism Of someone else's life.