love me, leave me | Teen Ink

love me, leave me

By TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California
TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments which take your breath away.

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

then: I would make pancakes for breakfast, and watch as you stumbled from the bedroom with your hair tousled and eyes half-closed. I would laugh as you lumbered towards me, and I would feel the warmth of your hand on my neck, and the taste of your sweet lips on mine.

now: The stove is cold. Sitting at the table, I sip burned coffee, my breakfast, the chill becoming prominent on my neck and back, even though I’m wearing a sweater. My lips taste of drugged tears.

[did no one tell you that it’s rude to keep a lady waiting?]

What happens in a day can decide what happens for the rest of your life, especially when you realize that the person you love is no longer beside you...

on Sep. 7 2013 at 4:16 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

superawesomeamazing. The "then" and "now" structure is simply fantastic. And I love the last line, "did no one tell you that it's rude to keep a lady waiting?" wow.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I'm with Leigh....WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW. I'm speechless. I love the transition from "then" and "now". The imagery of him and you and everything else, I could visualize it all. So sad at the end. 

on Apr. 19 2013 at 10:39 am
LeighFreyre SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
... um... wow... i am literally speechless, this is so good. this piece seriously affected me. ... wow...