Stone Fairy | Teen Ink

Stone Fairy

November 5, 2012
By magnoliacricket SILVER, Greenville, Georgia
magnoliacricket SILVER, Greenville, Georgia
6 articles 28 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love , and be loved in return."


By day she was in grace in a stone meadow,

by night she fluttered on the terrace with the ivy.

Her voice was like chirping birds and she always had a glow.

The little girl loved this fairy and she was her guardian.

She trusted the fairy and gazed at the her sparkle.

Years they were together and the surreal boho life continued.

One day a giant came along and clumsily knocked over the fairy of stone.

She fell and broke to pieces and the girl stared at her shattered friend.

The girl cried and cried and took her to the cold garden with the cherry tree.

Buried her in a shallow grave and wished she could flutter away to heaven.

That was the little girl's first death she knew of ,first funeral and sadness.

So now that little girl is older and she'll think of that cherry tree with my Ivy fairy.

For she will always be in my dreams.


The author's comments:
This was based on a true story but about a fairy figurine that I treasured as a kid. I thought at night she would fly and come to life, but one day my brother accidentally broke her. I truly did think that she died so I buried her under the cherry tree and had a funeral. That was the first death that I remember feeling.