New Beginnings | Teen Ink

New Beginnings

By Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California
Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

Things change,
Seasons pass,
And everyday,
We are faced,
With a new beginning,

As the years pass,
Each new year,
Brings with it,
The hope of the future,
And a new beginning,

As the saying goes,
“When one door closes,
Another one opens” ,
You can’t dwell on the past,
Forever,

Eventually,
You have to move on,
And go forward,
With your life,
And Always remember that,
Change can be a good thing,

Live in the moment,
Learn from your mistakes,
Cherish your memories,
And always look to the future,

The only consistent thing in life,
Is change,
So learn to accept,
And embrass it,

It may be hard at first,
But it is definitely possible,
Things will never be the same,
Forever but,
There is always hope with,
New beginnings.

As a new school year has started, I am trying to adapt to the what's new and remember that change is a good thing. I am also trying to remember that change is necessary for moving forward in life and getting closer to accomplishing my goals and making my dreams come true.

on Dec. 3 2011 at 1:49 pm

Thank you! I am glad you like it! Yes, I will read something of yours. :)

Ella1 GOLD said...
on Dec. 2 2011 at 6:00 pm
Ella1 GOLD,
I love your poem, would you mind reading some of mine if you get a chance?

on Nov. 16 2011 at 7:08 am
sunshine04 BRONZE, Vindhyanagar, Other
yea i too have inkpop its june1997 i havent posted much though u can add me

on Nov. 15 2011 at 6:17 pm

mine is Inkpop ie. cassiesherman. it isn't my email... it's a writing site. if you find me on there then i will critique your writing and you can critique my writing. Also, will you please add my poem Music is Uplifting to your picks if you make an account or already have one? Thanks! :D

on Sep. 20 2011 at 11:34 pm
sunshine04 BRONZE, Vindhyanagar, Other
hey mine is in YAHOO ie. devos_cool .hope u can understand and i have made a new poem i wanted some advices from u before posting into teenink

on Sep. 20 2011 at 6:50 pm

yeah I don't think teen ink will let you post your email address or links to websites on here( i've tried but it didn't work) so we can just talk on teen ink. :D

on Sep. 19 2011 at 10:08 pm
sunshine04 BRONZE, Vindhyanagar, Other
thanks u are soooooooooooo sweet and if u can give email id we could talk extensively and if u dont there is always teen ink

on Sep. 19 2011 at 7:40 pm

awww... thanks sooo much; you are sooo kind and sweet!! you are sooo welcome for the tips and advice. I will always be here to help if you need anything else. :D

on Sep. 19 2011 at 2:31 am
sunshine04 BRONZE, Vindhyanagar, Other
actually whenevr i think about something what i actually want but when penned into it does nt match my thinking and i am actually not that passionate but i love a i normally i pay attention to my english ut i that doesnt help me in any way and thanks u are big sis i always wanted

on Sep. 18 2011 at 3:03 pm

Well, first I have to either be inspired by something or come up with a unique idea to write about. Next, I just write down what comes to mind when I think about that idea and my opinions, emotions, and questions towards it. Then, I organize all those ideas into something with a good flow, good punctuation and grammer( it's ok if you aren't good at that, I wasn't at first either but I have improved a lot since I started writing; it just takes practice), and something that reflects how I feel about a certain topic or concept ( or in the case of a story, how the character feels).  Also I read a lot so I know about good sentence structure and what makes it flow and what doesn't. I also write a lot and it has become very natural for me to write and it is second nature to me to write. Plus, for me I can be very passionate and think deeply about a lot of things so I just try to express that in the best way that I can. It also helps to join a writing club at school, or write for your school's newspaper, and just surround yourself with good writers that can help and support you. Also, one huge thing that can help is to PAY ATTENTION IN ENGLISH CLASS!!!! It own't necessarily help you with stories but it will help a lot with essays, poems, grammer and punctuation. That is mostly where I got some of my writing skills from. Hope that helps!! :D

P.S. sometimes the best thing to do is to not think too much about what you are writing and just write something, even if it sounds silly at first, because then you have something to work with and you can always edit and change things later if you need to. :D

on Sep. 18 2011 at 4:34 am
sunshine04 BRONZE, Vindhyanagar, Other
i love short stories but dont have a knack in that i tend to elaborate can give some tips how u write so good specially poems

on Sep. 17 2011 at 1:03 pm

Awww... that's so sweet! Thank you soooo much! I am glad you like it! I will also be writing more soon( I hope you like reading short stories because I will be working on a lot of those this year especially in creative writing club.) Thanks for  supporting my writing, it means a lot to me. :D

on Sep. 17 2011 at 2:35 am
sunshine04 BRONZE, Vindhyanagar, Other
iam so big fan of urs live like there is no tommorow