Happiness Hinting Horror | Teen Ink

Happiness Hinting Horror

September 28, 2009
By Goldfish BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Goldfish BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Someday your prince will come. Mine took a wrong turn and is too stubborn to ask for directions."
"I wish for a better world, where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned."
"Some people put up walls not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down."


Look at her…
Happy go lucky
Smiling happy
Brush her off
Ignore her for another
Not worth the trouble

Look at her…
Happiness hinting horror
Comes to you for guidance
Roll your eyes
Ignore her troubled thoughts
Not worth the emotions

Look at her…
Eyes never quite meeting yours
Rolls down sleeves to cover mistakes
Scoff silently
Ignore her for her ignorance
Not worth the energy

Look at her…
Circles under eyes
Clinging to your every word
Shove her away
Ignore her pain
Not worth the pain

Look at her…
Blood on the floor
Death clinging to her
Tears spill pointlessly
Can’t ignore her any longer
Was it worth it?


The author's comments:
Just a comment: I am not suicidal, this poem does not reflect my feelings about suicide in any way.

Suicide is not a joke. It's not something that you only see on tv or hear about on the news. Suicide is real. Nearly everyone in the world is faced with suicidal thoughts at some point in their lives. Sometimes the feelings go away. But sometimes they don't. Sometimes they can take over a life, and then end it.

A lot of times people don't even realize when others are going through suicidal thoughts. Sometimes they do and brush the person off. If someone tells you they're suicidal, DO NOT brush it off. Maybe they are joking, maybe they aren't. Do you want to wait till their funeral to find out? Talk to people. Listen. Accept others for who they are. Learn to love. Do not take people for granted. You never know what they're going through. You never know how close they could be to writing their own letter of goodbye.

If you're out there thinking of suicide, there is help and suicide is NOT the answer. Although it may not feel like it, there are people in the world that love you, even if you don't know them. There are people praying for you, even if you can't hear them. There are people going through the same things you are, even if you can't see them. Get help. Stay strong. You have a purpose in this world. You are loved.

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem"

National Suicide Hotline (USA)
1-800-784-2433