Toy Exchange | Teen Ink

Toy Exchange

April 23, 2014
By Eternity99 SILVER, North Fort Myers, Florida
Eternity99 SILVER, North Fort Myers, Florida
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!” bob marley


20 out of 21 toys attempted and failed to make me fall in love, and if you can't count that means only one succeeded. Never before have i felt so responsible for my actions and so conscious of what my choices could lead me to in the future.I've heard about the "trap" before, but never have i understood it, maybe because i wasn't patient enough to experience it. I haven't been the same since the day of 3-13-14. I look,talk,feel, and even think differently. Remember when you was like five and your parents got you the hottest new toy? Remember that feeling you would get? Your belly would flutter, your fingers would tingle, and most of all your mind would swarm with thoughts of demands and orders on how to keep this prize that is so valuable to your heart safe,cared for, and satisfied. You made sure to replace batteries so no issues would occur. You sat the toy down gently so you wouldn't injure it. Most of all you talked to it softly and kindly so you wouldn't damage it's heart. Isn't that how you were when you got a brand new toy? Well, not me. Up until now. Before 3-13-14, i got straight to the point with my new toys. I wouldn't read the manuals, wouldn't replace the batteries, wouldn't sit it down gently, HELL! I wouldn't even take my time opening the box. I used them once and never saw them again, misplaced them, or broke them. But then 3-13-14 hit. A day of unexpecting events, when a close and most trusted friend turn out to not be a friend at all. My friend turned into a toy. And what are toys for teenagers in middle school? Relationships right? Anyways, she turned into a toy. She offered me the most important part of her toy, the bundle of wires that allow the contraption to function. Not really attracted to this used toy, i accepted it anyway. i went home and played with the wires careful not to rip or untangle them because it didn't come with a manual. It was a unique type of toy i guess. It was unique because it didn't come with a manual on how to care,replace, or use it, it's not something people usually offer even though everyone already has one. You should never ever LOSE it, and to keep it you have to be creative and care for it the best way you can because its so valuable even though though it's been used. So i've had this toy for about a month or two. it's the longest i've ever had a toy. I've became highly protective over it, extremely jealous when others play with it, i love being around it, and those emotions and thoughts you get when you get a new toy comes back to me when i make this oy laugh and smile. My friend turned into a toy and gave me the most important part of it, and to think of it i gave returned the favor by giving her the exact same thing, MY HEART. Nothing runs without it!


The author's comments:
never have someone made me feel this way in a relationship.