Unwanted listeners | Teen Ink

Unwanted listeners

By FutureWriter101 PLATINUM, Gabarone, Other
FutureWriter101 PLATINUM, Gabarone, Other

Happiness can be found even in the most darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the lights

There's an unwanted listener lurking in my way. 
I'm worried about what they may or may not say.
They could have heard something I did not want them to know. 
Makes me wonder if maybe I should lay low.

Unwanted listeners can be found in many different forms. 
They can be hidden in ways you cannot even imagine. 
While you wait for what they might perform. 
They can use objects to their advantage, technology is just one of their sources, since it chooses to lye there, sitting unnoticed. 
It gathers all the information that it is programmed to collect
While it travels to the ears of the person waiting to recollect. 

Unwanted listeners can vary from young to old. Once bribed they're integrity and self respect has been sold. They are now the puppet to the puppeteer, as their strings are pulled the information that they need draws near. The masterminds behind these evil deeds hides near by, unfolding many secrets while using the innocent as they're disguise. They wait patently, watching their plan come alive. At the same time hoping that the innocent doesn't panic and turn away in strive. 

Unwanted listeners have a history of destroying the lives of many, but not all of them are bad. In unlikely cases some of them help the sad. There might be a person who stumbles into your conversation. They are surprised at what they might have overheard but still use that as their motivation. Out of the goodness of their heart, they set their own selfish needs apart. Secretly they benefit from this act of civil kindness, while the unknown suffer from temporary blindness. They will assume that this is just a person attempting to be nice. At the same time wondering if this is going to come with a specific price. 

Unwanted listeners can be something of a surprise. As they have two options, either help those fall or rise. They have been around for centuries, in the present and in the past. However no one can predict the future, for who knows how long these unwanted listeners are going to last. Though I do believe they will always find a way to grab as much information as they need. Wether it was been planned or come up unexpected, there are indeed ways to plant this special seed.