Basketball Tryouts | Teen Ink

Basketball Tryouts

By ameerahsan786 BRONZE, Des Plaines, Illinois
ameerahsan786 BRONZE, Des Plaines, Illinois

The greatest of wealth is the richness of the soul.

I have been practicing for two months. Basketball tryouts are coming up in one and a half month. I have been working hard like a fat man trying to lose weight. my biggest dream was to play for my Algonquin middle school team. We lost so many games the principal removed the team. I was gonna be the next star in our school. I was so confident in my self. Working out two months is not easy.

After a month passed tryouts were in a week. I was so scared. I felt like i wouldnt make it. There were so many people that were on the team and they were better than me. But this wouldnt stop me I was gonna make a statement to the coach that I was the hardest working man I had to become superman in basketball.

Today is tryouts the bell rang. I went to the gym changed and the coach was with his whistle. I was super nervous I didnt know what to expect. There was gonna be so much running and contact drills. We ran suicides ten times. My leg felt like I was in mud. My arms felt like they were falling apart. We did 1 on 1 drills. I was going against the best player on the team. I did a good move but unfortunatly missed. After three hours of drills I felt pretty good. I was like spiderman defeating the goblin. The coach yelled out really loud like a horn in my ear” roseter will be posted outside the gym”.

After tryouts I was really sore. My feet were swollen like a potato. When I arrived at school I went straight to the gym. There was a huge list. I started to look from the bottom. Suddenly my heart sank and i thought i didnt make it. When I looked at it closely my name was right under the best players on the team. i felt like kissing my coach on his shiny bald head. I made the basketball team. The two months payed off but I knew the season will cost more bumbs and bruises. I was ready and I will always be ready. I felt like the next MJ.

This is when I was very nervous about basketball tryouts and I trained for about 3 months.