To People Who Think WWE Is Fake | Teen Ink

To People Who Think WWE Is Fake

December 16, 2016
By Anonymous

Dear people who think that WWE isn't good just because it is scripted and for those who say nobody watches it.
I have some bad news for you people, it is one of the most liked pages on all of social media, and each Monday it beats ever show with the amount of views it gets. First of all just because it’s scripted doesn’t mean it is good. So you are telling me that you don’t watch one show on television because I hope you know this but most shows on tv are scripted not just that. Just because it is scripted also doesn’t mean it is bad. It actually makes it better because the creative team makes sure that there are no down points or anything boring. And for another point. People do get hurt a lot. Seth Rollins tore his ACL and his MCL, John Cena broke his nose, Finn Bálor popped a bone in his shoulder in a match then he put it back into place to continue the match. And someone named Owen Hart died. He was on a harness above the stage and it broke and he then fell to his death. This goes to show you that even though it is scripted doesn’t mean that it isn’t real. The wrestlers put their own flippin bodies on the line for the entertainment of the fans not themselves. That shows commitment.


So last year it was a normal day in school. I was talking to a teacher who also watches wrestling. One of my friends who was eavesdropping on us came over and went on a rant about how it was scripted so it wasn’t good. Oh boy, what came next was crazy. My face turned red veins popping out of my face and when one word came out of my mouth, he got very submissive like when a dog does when it thinks that you might hit it. Scared. Then I went on yelling like the devil in the worst of his moods. Saying that WWE isn’t for just five-year-olds and that is so entertaining and probably the best show ever created. When I was done, I was breathing heavily, I forgot that I was in a classroom so everyone was looking at me in shock. I was lost in thought. When I finished talking he turned around with his head down. I fixed my posture feeling confident and walked back to my seat with a stride that was showing that nobody can stop me. Invincible.


Guess what. People who say nobody watches it, I have even more news for you that will prove you wrong so bad, you will think that I was lying, but I’m not. Last week's episode of Monday Night Raw had about 2.68 million viewers the first hour, 2.6 million the second hour, and about 2.3 the third hour. Just let that sink in. 2.68 MILLION people in this world are watching the same show and the same time. This also means that 2.68 million and even more people like WWE and watch it every single Monday night. As well as all the pay per views, the last Wrestlemania. 101,763 went there to watch it. The whole stadium was filled. Sold out. They made $17.3 million dollars on one pay per view.


So as I say again if anyone were to even try to say one thing about how WWE is fake I will turn it into a brawl (only with words of course) and crush you with all my knowledge about this subject. So next time you want to challenge me or anyone who watches WWE about how it’s bad because it’s scripted just think about how badly you will be proved wrong


The author's comments:

This is about how people who are passionate about WWE feel when someone tells them that it is fake.