Running with the Wind | Teen Ink

Running with the Wind

October 30, 2015
By Anonymous

Every child has a dream, some different than others. Some wish to succeed in the music or art industry and some wish to pursue their dreams and life longs goals on the athletic field. There is not a right or wrong answer as to what you should wish to pursue, it's all what your heart tells you to do. And my heart screams SOCCER!
   

There is not anything I like more than when I step on the field. I get the rush of adrenaline through my body, and when the ball hits my foot,  I feel like the whole world is gone. The moment when I go in for a tackle and come out with the ball, I feel like nothing else. And when I score energy shoots through my toes and out through my head. Whenever I run down the field my hair blows in the wind, as if I was a bird soaring through the air. I feel unstoppable. Nothing can bring me down.


But when the other team scores, I feel melancholy, capsized, dismayed, and muddled. It is the only thing that makes me bitter when I play the game I love.
      

As a child, soccer is a fun opportunity to play with your friends, but as we get older, more opportunities become associated with the game. Only the true fighters are left, because only the strong survive. As we get into our high school years we start to look at the idea of playing in college. Those of who can be found doing homework until 3 in the morning, because we’ve been out all afternoon and night playing soccer until we are forced to come home, have the dedication and desire to keep on pushing through and work to get a scholarship for college. Although, not everyone has the opportunity to play in college. If you do not play in college you career in soccer is usually over. The few that do get the chance to play in college get to keep on chasing their dream. 
      

'The National Team', the phrase that every little soccer player talks about at the dinner table, "Mommy, Daddy, “I'm gonna play on the U.S. National Team." The percentage rate of children who start out playing soccer and finish playing on the National Team is extremely low. Many find it an accomplishment just to play in college, but the truly committed and dedicated ones know what they really want. To have their name representing our country. The pride associated with it would be an extraordinary feeling.
      

If I’m lucky enough to make it to the top, there will come a moment when it all ends. After I play my last game in college, the World Cup, or even high school, there will come a time when it is over. I will look back at everything I have done throughout the years and realize the friends for a lifetime that I've created, the ability to be proactive, and most importantly that I got the opportunity to pursue what I love, and that is what it's all about.


The author's comments:

I am a dedicated and successful soccer player. I have made it to regionals and nationals and okay in highschool. This piece is about me and my dreams in life.