Likes and Favorites | Teen Ink

Likes and Favorites

March 24, 2015
By Anonymous

For our new writing assignment I choose to do something very different in the sense of that it won’t be a traditional story, but a personal autobiography countdown list.  I hope these circumstances fit the rubric and that the reader does not feel bored and I hope you as a reader get more of an insight of me in general; enjoy.

. . . Number 8 . . .

COMING IN AT NUMBER EIGHT WE HAVE . . . (cough) sorry, I’ll stop doing that . . . we actually have something that makes me feel good overall.  This is not really a favorite overall, but I can stand to live with it. And, that something is mowing.  It’s a chore that I prefer to do more instead of, for example, laundry, which is one of my least favorite chores and at the most, mowing gives the sense and feeling of driving.  It also helps give my dad a break sometimes.  Which is definitely helpful for him and it is something to do over the summer other than sports and videogames.  Overall, it is a fantastic way to get out outdoors and isn’t actually that bad.

. . . Number 7 . . .

The sight and sound of thunder and lightning is my number seven.  First off though, lightning compares to number eight as it is a cool sight once in a while because it only appears in thunderstorms. Which don’t happen often.  I’m sure many people would have to agree that lightning can send a spark through anyone and I mean figuratively and literally.  Thunder is also a very cool sound to hear if I’m cooped up at home and you want something to wake me up besides an annoying alarm clock.  It is also something that you don’t get to hear often. For example, you're watching a movie on the couch it makes it all that much more enjoyable.  I can also sometimes imagine it as a dark and cozy movie theatre right in your own home.

. . . Number 6 . . .

Number six also compares to my previous “nomination” as it also involves weather.  By that I mean snow and cold weather in general.  Snow to me is probably different from a lot of other people’s opinions, but what it means to me is that there are no bugs and mosquitoes to annoy me anymore.  The cold weather is also a great reason to stay indoors AND have fun outdoors as it can actually be very refreshing to go outside in the cold in winter.  Christmas is also a great holiday that occurs during the snowy, winter season.  And, even if it doesn’t snow, my family and I still like to go sledding and tubing at different places, including Sunburst.

. . . Number 5 . . .

Number five is something that I think a lot of people enjoy and agree with me on.  For that something is a very important responsibility to have, and that’s electronics.  By electronics I mean from the INVENTION of harnessing electricity to phones to tablets.  With electronics though, I’m very appreciative of that we live in a world with all these electronics at our disposal.  Without these inventions we wouldn’t be able to grow as a community the way we do today.  I also feel, and that I know, other people have been agreeing about this for years.  That certain thing is that these electronics are a great form of entertainment, as well.  I am also grateful to watch the great shows that I watch and play the great games that I play.  Now I know that there are a lot of downsides to all of this, but that is more for a dislikes list for another day.

. . . Number 4 . . .

Number four is definitely something different  than the past couple of nominations and that’s vacations. Taking a vacation and amazing vacation sights in general.  A cool sight for me can be anything.  For example, a national monument or something of great importance with an interesting history.  I have been to many spectacular cities in the U.S. and in other countries. And, it is just so cool to see what life is like in different parts of our country and the world.  It is also very nice to embrace and feel what other cultures are like and how their nation is to the rest of the world.  A beach is also not everything to a vacation.  Having great memories about the certain trip is worth a lot to people, as well as the vacation itself.  Finally, in general it is pretty cool to see so many other wonderful vacation spots, monuments and cultures from around the globe that fascinate me or are just fun and interesting to see and behold.

. . . Number 3 . . .

For number three I don’t have that much to say to say besides that it compares closely to number five.  By that I mean that a lot of people enjoy it.  That something is candy and desserts.  I’m also sure that people take it for granted that we have these master pieces of desserts such as a type of food that can sometimes be considered art: cake.  They are also a great reward once in a while. And, they can also be delicious all around which I’m certain people can also agree on.

. . . Number 2 . . .

Now coming in at number two we have sports, which includes my favorite to play, basketball, and my favorite to watch, football.  Here, there is also not much to say, but what I do have to say is that we all know that sports have been a large part of our culture today and throughout history.  I have also been playing different sports for years and they have being very enjoyable throughout my life.  This also includes mostly popular sports such as basketball and baseball.  Basketball, as of now, is probably my new passion for sports as it has led me to become more of a team player in sports and in other team-building activities.  Before playing organized basketball I had never understood the sport and its positions.  As of now though, after the season's over I would have to say that I now have a great understanding of the sport and what goes on during an actual game.  Sports Championships also count, as it is also enjoying to sit down with family and friends to watch a big game.

. . . Number 1 . . .

Last, but not least, at number one we have one of my most favorite hobbies in the world and that hobby is playing the saxophone.  This also counts for a subject at school, but when I’m practicing I would consider it a hobby.  Playing the sax has led me to find a great  passion for playing an instrument, as well.  It has also led me to meet many new and exciting people in regular band class and outside of class, which includes marching, jazz, and pep band.  Playing an instrument has changed my life to say the least.  I hope I carry on with it in the future in a very positive way, as well.

So in the end I hope you as a reader have learned more about me and maybe even some people can relate.  And even, who knows, maybe I’ll make a dislikes chart someday, too.