Thoughts | Teen Ink

Thoughts

May 7, 2015
By LarryPulaski SILVER, Bellingham,
LarryPulaski SILVER, Bellingham,
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing."
-Socrates


I found that it is simple things and actions that light fires beneath greater problems. Small things always lead to big things. Sometimes the problem is so close to a tipping point that the lightest thing will be the one with the biggest impact. Like in the story with the lost mitten in winter and all of the animals fit in to have a warm shelter and every time it was closer to ripping until a cricket came along and when it got in that was the tipping point and the mitten burst open. Wow, I never really thought that simple children’s picture books such as that one relat4ed to big concepts in our life that much. Another good lesson, you can always learn something from anything you read. Writing is based solely on ideas, emotion, and knowledge. Those are also the fundaments of society I would like to say. We base our lives only on these three concepts. Such a complex life we lead but underneath it is so simple, too simple. We as humans strive to improve, to be the best on this world. We take pride in how far we’ve gone. Bit the truth is that is that simple. Our lives seem too complicated. We live lies. We live off of others ideas. We live off of not our own instincts, but instead on what is cool at the time. That is us, we live only to show off and strive for each other’s approval. Wow. And around us our world is just falling. Can’t you see what’s happening? Do you feel that sense of dread that sometime soon our whole everything will just crash. Yes you do, it’s pushed back there in your mind. Because we’ve built our tower too high this time. We’ve gone too far. And people act like there is no simple reason to saving this planet, but of course there is. It just means giving up this lifestyle. What if everyone lived like they did, what, 200 years ago? Sure it had its faults, but so does our society. We also have so many faults. Maybe we should just suck it up and dealk. Because we made this place like it is and now it’s our job to fix it. It’s the right thing to do and you know it. Just act, just do, just care, just let go. And maybe things will change.