I Am I Am's | Teen Ink

I Am I Am's

April 25, 2015
By MinionForGod SILVER, Nixon, Texas
MinionForGod SILVER, Nixon, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I didn't receive my acceptance letter to Hogwarts so I'm leaving the Shire to become a Jedi to preach the gospel to all nations." (That's right! I can be a nerd and still love Jesus! God calls me to come as I am and that's what I'm gonna do!)


    "Boring" is what most people call it, but let me tell you, it was not boring. BigStuf Curch Camp is anything but boring. Thrilling, exciting, and peaceful describe the atmosphere best. What it really is though, is life-changing.

    In spite of being on the sandy beaches of Florida with thousands of crazed teenagers from all over America, the icing on the cake was the praise. (And the icing is my favorite part of the cake.) 

    Jumping, dancing, kneeling, and singing at the top of our lungs with awe-inspired adoration is something that will never escape my memory. God filled our hearts to the brim with such a fierce and overwhelming joy that it was a struggle to breathe without collapsing from the sheer magnitude of His power. God made His immeasurable love for us profusely known so that all we could do was praise His glorious name. With our eyes glistening and smiles stretched from ear to ear, we sang our love song to the One who forgave our dark past, loved us through everything, and who never forsook us.

    When God told me just how much He loved me in those still moments of worship, I made up my mind. (A making that I will not soon forget.) I will follow Him in the dark and in the light, forever thankful to have such a magnificent and doting God. No matter what happens, I will follow Him. People can mock me, ridicule me, torture me, or even kill me, but I cannot and will not change my mind. I belong to the One who saved my soul, to the Maker of the universe, and nobody will ever change that. I am I Am's.


The author's comments:

Nothing but the good news of Jesus Christ inspired me to write this. I found hope and purpose at that church camp and I want to help others find it too.