Kindness Costs Nothing | Teen Ink

Kindness Costs Nothing

By Raden BRONZE, Cedar Hills, Utah
Raden BRONZE, Cedar Hills, Utah

Kindness, as defined by wikipedia states that: Kindness is a behavior marked by ethical characteristics, a pleasant disposition, and a concern for others. It is known as a virtue, and is recognized as a value in many cultures and religions. They state that kindness is a pleasant disposition and is recognized as value in cultures and religions. Kindness literally has value that people respect and search for and the scariest thing is, it does not cost us anything.

I’ve currently been living on this earth for approximately 12 years now, the reason i say that is because only when we reach that age between 5-7 everything starts to happen. At this age we come to realize ourselves and understand why some people do things. So, I can correctly say I have been dealing with people for 12 years approximately and have I seen a lot of different personalities out there. Think about this for a second, who was your meanest teacher that you can remember in your lifetime? You probably thought of one right away without a shadow of a doubt, the reason for this is because people that treat others badly make an impact on everyone, especially if it is directed toward us. Being kind does not take a lot of effort, being kind is a matter of a fact easier to do then to be mean, scary thought but its all the truth. So you’re probably thinking,”Why do people act like this when they can be nice for no cost at all?” The personally believe the answer is they are down themselves and they don’t want others to feel that same joy of happiness. Happiness is a wonderful thing and we can all inflict happiness on others and make others feel happy. In conclusion, we should all be kind to others, so they don’t need to feel down because there is so much to be happy for.

I wrote this piece to raise awarness for all who are treating others badly.