Gun Control Is Not Needed | Teen Ink

Gun Control Is Not Needed

By gremlin BRONZE, Auburn, New York
gremlin BRONZE, Auburn, New York

Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family

We have all heard it many times, and you can't go anywhere without noticing or hearing it, gun control. How many times a day do you hear or see something about it. The people that are for it say that there is too much gun violence. People against it say that there is an amendment for it and it gives the hunting population less of a chance to provide food for their families. I think that there is no such thing as gun violence because guns aren't violent, people are, and it doesn't matter about the weapon, it only matters about the person behind it.

We as a nation do not need gun control and restrictions, we need gun education. for example, If you grow up in a household that has firearms you will learn that they are used only for hunting, sport, and protection. if you grow up in a household that doesn't have any firearms then you learn to fear them and what they can do. Example, If a man goes hunting and provides food for his family this way should we deny that family food just because some idiot halfway across the country shot someone, no that is because some know the difference between right and wrong, and what is dangerous and what is not. if someone gets shot and killed everyone thinks that guns are horrible and dangerous, but if someone gets stabbed or beat to death everyone thinks that it was the man doing the stabbing or beating, now does that make any sense.

Gun laws are inneffective.no matter how you look at it, people that are robbing people and stores will do it with any weapon that they can find. And if they can’t get one from the gun dealers than they will get it from their friends or family. the people that rob things are already desprate and I personaly dont think that they are going to wait to try and get a firearm because they wont get it if it isnt worth thier time to wait.no matter how much gun control is enforced they will not stop criminals. most gun their firearms legally or from someone that did, and if they can't then they will  just go out and steal one. the only way to stop anything gun related they will have to ban and take all firearms. that will never be allowed to happen in america because the american citizens cherish the hunting and the sport shooting. also if you take all of the firearms then that would make 90% of americans outlaws, and i don't think that this country could handle that.

The gun control is giving the government to much power.history has a tendency to repeat itself and if that happened all those years ago who's to say that tyranny isn't slowly starting again. when you use things such as background checks including name, addresses, and mental health anyone now has access to all of that and if they were to use it they now have your address and your name. Earlier this year someone had hacked and stole credit card numbers from target and home depot. How long exactly would it take someone with that skill to get into those background checks. granted you should use some sort of it to check mental health, but you should not be able to find that person's address, name, or whatever else that may be on it. I personally think that checking mental health and criminal history should be checked, but not all of their personal information

Works Cited
Kates, Don B. “The Right to Own a Gun Is Guaranteed by the Constitution.” Is Gun Ownership a Right? Ed. Kelly Doyle. San Diego: Greenhaven Press, 2005. At Issue. Rpt. from “Guns and the Law.” World & I(Oct. 2003): 26-31. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 16 Nov. 2015.
ProCon.org. “Gun Control ProCon.org.” ProCon.org. 11 Nov. 2015. Web. 13 Nov. 2015.
Reynolds, Morgan, and H. Sterling Burnett. “Carrying Concealed Weapons Reduces Crime.” Guns and Crime. Ed. Tamara L. Roleff. San Diego: Greenhaven Press, 2000. At Issue. Rpt. from “No Smoking Guns: Answering Objections to Right-to-Carry Laws.” NCPA Brief Analysis. 1997. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 16 Nov. 2015.
Sobran, Joseph. “Gun Control Is Unconstitutional.” Gun Control. Ed. Helen Cothran. San Diego: Greenhaven Press, 2003. Opposing Viewpoints. Rpt. from “Constitutional Objections to Gun Control.”Conservative Chronicle (16 June 1999). Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 16 Nov. 2015.

think before commenting

tdaly said...
on Oct. 12 2017 at 3:06 pm
tdaly,
I love this article. Like guns ever killed someone anyway.

gremlin BRONZE said...
on May. 3 2016 at 10:03 am
gremlin BRONZE, Auburn, New York

Thank you, I had actually made this because all of the people in my school kept complaining about how guns are "dangerous", so I just had to make this article to shed a bit of light on the subject

on Apr. 26 2016 at 4:37 pm
musiclover33 SILVER, Winnemucca, Nevada

"I'd rather have you in my dreams than wake up without you" ~WTK

Its really good, however i will give you something that you could add to all your claims. Guns are dangerous, the govt. says. We need more gun control they claim. Well, since when do criminals who kill people with guns follow laws? i liked your claims very much. I've never thought about it like that.

gremlin BRONZE said...
on Mar. 23 2016 at 9:37 am
gremlin BRONZE, Auburn, New York

thank you and I have had one other say that they liked my article even though they were on the other side of the argument in the chats. also I will try to fix the run on sentences.

on Mar. 23 2016 at 9:18 am
ColdplayForever BRONZE, San Jose, California

"Coldplay fans are the best in the world. If you like Coldplay, then you're obviously very intelligent, good-looking, and all-around brilliant."
~Chris Martin

Good job. though I disagree with your point of view. I simply have a suggestion for the future; Watch out for run-on sentences. Many people find it very difficult to read if there are run-on sentences in a piece. Also, check your capitalization and punctuation. Other than that, great job! Keep writing! And, maybe you could write an argument telling people about what the other side of this argument believes. :)

gremlin BRONZE said...
on Mar. 21 2016 at 4:29 pm
gremlin BRONZE, Auburn, New York

i have to make my work credible if I am to try and inform people

on Mar. 15 2016 at 10:42 am
Summerstar SILVER, Clinton, Utah

“For he shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you in your ways. And they will bear you up in their hands…” Psalms 91:11-12

gremlin I applaud you! You conveyed your thoughts clearly, you backed yourself up about it and your works cited page is excellent. The fact that you have one gave me a pleasant surprise as I haven't seen many other articles on Teen Ink with works cited pages. You have real promise and deliver your thoughts in a neat, concise way that keeps the reader alert and informs them nicely. Great job and keep writing!

gremlin BRONZE said...
on Mar. 14 2016 at 9:43 am
gremlin BRONZE, Auburn, New York

thank you, you are the first person to say that about this topic

dfayard BRONZE said...
on Mar. 11 2016 at 10:44 am
dfayard BRONZE, Gulfport, Mississippi

"You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!"

You have a strong opinion and convey it nicely! Great job!