Everyone is Gay | Teen Ink

Everyone is Gay

By ssaammaanntthha SILVER, Garden City, Michigan
ssaammaanntthha SILVER, Garden City, Michigan

“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.”

I am 16 years old, and in my 16 years I do believe I have learned a lot. Recently there has been a lot of talk about Gay Rights, and legalizing Gay Marriage in my state. They legalized it for about a day, and then they just took it away. How can they do that? No, why would they do that? Why does someone loving someone of the same sex effect people so much? It is pathetic. I realize people have their own opinions, and yes they have the right to voice them, but come on people, this is 2014. Things have been changing for years in this country. Its sad that someone cant marry the love of their life because they are the same sex? That is like telling someone they cant marry the person they love because they are an African American, and the person they love is white, or vice versa. Recently I went to the "A Great Big World Concert" I also met them, and those guys are such a strong gay rights activists, as some should be. I myself am straight. I do have friends and family that are concerned about coming out because being gay isn't accepted in our society. Which again, is just down right pathetic. I dont understand why loving someone of the same sex is such a big deal! I also do not believe that people that are gay, or bi-sexual chose it, I do believe with all my heart they were born that way, and I think its amazing. But hey if you chose it, go for it! People often bring religion into the whole debate, but from what I know, doesn't God love all his children? No matter if they are gay, straight, lesbian, bi sexual or transgender? Isn't that what the Bible preaches? That God will always love you, no matter what you say, no matter what you do? He will always forgive you? I'm going to end this now, because I don't want to bash on anyone's religion. But I do believe that it is time for a change, and by change I mean that this country and all around the world even just needs to take a step back and really think about this. Does it really effect you if someone loves someone of the same sex?
"If you're gay, than you're gay, if you're straight well that's great! If you fall in between that's the best way to be."
That is a lyric from A Great Big World's Song "Everyone is Gay"

I was inspired to write this because It just bothers me how so many people are against it when really, it doesn't effect them AT ALL!

canuckgirl935, Palmer, Alaska
Very well written article, I couldn't agree more with you. :)