Gun Control | Teen Ink

Gun Control

By YasminL. SILVER, Denver, Colorado
YasminL. SILVER, Denver, Colorado

Many people have been dying because of others who have guns. Guns have been held by persons who have armed others. The conservative side says that everyone should be armed. On the liberal side, many say that you could have a gun, but there should be more guns used by the military and police. I believe in gun control because there have been many shootings, there should be more laws to protect the innocent, and people should obey the laws that protect the uninvolved.

First, there have been many shootings happening. Many children and adults have been dying which is not fair because they were crimeless. An example of this is the Sandy Hook tragedy. Many little kids suffered because a mentally damaged person had a gun, and had delusions of power. Another example was the Aurora shooting. This shows that people who have guns are more likely to kill people and go crazy.

Secondly, more laws will help lower the number of the mass killings. According to a website it says, “Control laws are necessary to stop gun violence.” More people are going to obey if we have more restrictions. The same website says that “the government is to solve problems.” This shows that we need a strong government to take care of us.

Finally, people are going to obey if there are more rules. In China, there are many laws for you to get a gun. This is an example of a good restriction because there have been fewer massacres in China. Also, other countries know how to limit the guns of persons. I can tell that few people get killed by a gun.

Clearly, we need to do something about guns because many people are getting killed. We should have more laws, less shootings, and people are going to obey .If we are a union let’s do something about guns that hurt the lives of others.

Footnote: www.studentnewsdaily.com