What's Wrong with this Generation | Teen Ink

What's Wrong with this Generation

July 31, 2016
By urperfectthewayur SILVER, Laurel, Delaware
urperfectthewayur SILVER, Laurel, Delaware
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Someone will always be prettier. Someone will always be smarter. Someone will always be stronger. But no one will ever be you!"
-I don't know :)


Whenever I hang out with my friends or whenever I go to school, I hear so much teen slag that make us teens sound stupid. For example, "bae". I hate that word. It makes us sound childish and immature. The only time I've ever heard a mature adult say that word is when they're moking it. And that is also the only time that I use that word. I hear adults say all the time that our generation stinks, and I agree. Some of us are very stupid and selfish and I hate that I'm part of this generation. I want to be part of a generation that has respect for others, that has a life outside of their cell phones, that cares about their education, that doesn't think it's cool to be mean to people, that doesn't disrespect their parents or elders. I don't like being looked at like I'm another one of those stupid teens that do those kind of things. "Bae" is only one of the many things that's wrong with this generation. And what makes me mad is that they don't care. Another thing is that all of these adults are sitting here complaining about it, but they're not doing anything about it. In fact, sometimes it's their kids who are one of those teens. So, if you're an adult, please stop complaining and do something about it! If you don't then it must not mean too much to you and you shouldn't be complaining. If you're a teen, please realize what you're doing and stop doing it. You are only making things worse for yourself and for your peers. And that, my friends, is what's wrong with this generation.