Lost in the World | Teen Ink

Lost in the World

March 29, 2014
By FutureWriter101 PLATINUM, Gabarone, Other
FutureWriter101 PLATINUM, Gabarone, Other
49 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Happiness can be found even in the most darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the lights


There comes a time in your life when you start to think about where your going, how your going to get there, how long its going to take and who you going to be with when you finally get to where you want to be. Being young and in that stage is a bit more complicated than that because we are so set in our ways and used to the idea that mommy and daddy are going to be there for the rest of our lives. Which is a superficial way of thinking considering we all know that as off after birth we are destined to live out a certain number of years already planned by God himself. However it is natural to think that there will come a time whereby things become harder than you are able to handle and you start to over think so many things at once, several days at a time. After some time when you've finally started to think of a plan and hatched out all the advantages and disadvantages things kind of start to calm down a notch. There will still be a part of you that will think that maybe all of everything could go disastardly wrong but at the same time you are willing to take on the risk of preparing yourself for adult hood. You no longer think about the trivial childs play of worrying about homework, break time meals, whos more popular than whom and which teacher likes you best or which teacher hates you the most. The youths mind varies in many different concepts when it comes to growing up, during which can make you wonder and feel ways that can make you become confused and maybe even lost. The thing adults need to be reminded of is that when us kids have these irrational fears of growing up we need to be directed in the right direction of what not to do and what to do before its too late. This is because despite our basic skills of survival we need that wisdom and guidence from those who have had more experience in certain things than the younger generation. Theres a saying that goes (from my own messed up but still intact mind of course) we need not repeat the mistakes from the past but only learn from what we've done in order to create a brighter and more prosperous future for ourselves. The problem is us youth have a tendancy to dwell within the present. Being lost in the world is not a nice feeling at all, seeing as you'll never really know when you are going to find yourself once again basking within the light but the key is to be able to know when enough is enough and what you're going to do about it.