Is Rap Killing Brain Cells? | Teen Ink

Is Rap Killing Brain Cells?

All guys do is listen to rap music. It doesn’t help their brain all it talks about is having sex with girls and drugs. Music is supposed to have a message, but music today doesn’t have a message.  People want to be just like these rappers today. I think it’s just ridiculous.

Now a days everybody (mostly guys) want to become rappers. What happen to just going to college and becoming a doctor or lawyer or something like that. They think trying to be a rapper will make you successful. Some people do become successful but most of them don’t make it in life or they don’t know how to put themselves out there to do it. They just think because they sound good that they can get a record deal.

A lot of rappers start at the bottom and then they realize that this isn’t the life that will make them successful. All guys want to do is get money and get a lot of girls but half of those guys don’t stay in school and if you are uneducated then you won’t know how to handle your money.

Having an education is very important because if you don’t then you can’t get anywhere in life. A lot of rap music talks about killings, gangs, and etc. Some rappers don’t even have as far as a high school education. All they worry about is money. Teenagers listen to certain rap songs and think it’s okay to do what the rap artist do.
Teenagers don’t understand the level of responsibility it takes to be a rapper or hold that kind of credibility. All they look at it as they’re just making music, they don’t understand how to manage money, or book shows or anything. They just know they are having fun and it might pay off in the long run. Almost all of old rappers have no money or aren’t making music, or no source of income. Teenagers need to work hard in order to be successful but it all starts with education, not rap music.

This piece is about teenagers and music.