Be You | Teen Ink

Be You

By Softball32 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Softball32 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

All people should be treated and created equally, blacks and whites, gays and straights, males and females, elders and youth. No matter who you are, you have the right to be yourself. No matter who you are, you have the right to express yourself through who you are. No matter who you are, you have the right to be whatever or whoever you want to be! To make America great again, people have got to uphold laws against discrimination. We are living in the modern age and we believe that nothing is impossible. We should be living in a world of peace, not a world of prejudice and hatred.

It is not only me saying everyone should be created & treated equally. Our fathers signed the Declaration of Independence agreeing with all men being created equally. Everyone has the right to play to the beat of their own drum, there is no rule forbidding anyone to not be who they are. Although there are religions that may forbid that part of the constitution, people still have the right to be who they are, anywhere, any city, any state, any country. There is a voice within everyone, and nothing should ever discriminate anyone's voice.

Everyone is beautiful and deserves to live in any way they want to. People who put others down just because they are being themselves are living in a world that is changing, becoming different each and every day. Everyone deserves to be treated equally. Everyone was created to be treated equally. Someone treating others badly for being themselves would be going against some of the most important men and women in our country. Our world would be so much better if everyone upheld our laws against discrimination. All people should be treated equally because we are created equally. No matter who you are, or what you believe in. Together we can make America great again, together we can uphold laws against discrimination, together we can be anybody we want to be.