People You’d Give Up the Last Slice of Pizza For | Teen Ink

People You’d Give Up the Last Slice of Pizza For

What if there was someone out there in the world for everyone? What if every person was destined to find happiness and love with one specific person or maybe even a specific group of people? I believe everyone in the world has someone they are fated to be with. I believe there is someone in the world for everyone that has the ability to make others feel whole.

I know that everyone is able to have a soulmate. All my friends came from different schools, backgrounds, even states. For instance, I have a friend that is from Wisconsin, another that moved here from westborough, even one that was held back a year, the list goes on. If it wasn't for those phenomenons, that may have seemed so minor then, I would have a entirely different life then the one I live now.

Don’t get me wrong, I know they idea of “soulmates” and “fate” can be absurd. If you asked me four years ago if I believed in these ideas my answer would have consisted of something like “Are you crazy?!” or “That stuff is all a myth”, but I know it wasn't just a coincidence that we all met. I think us meeting was meant to be, and through meeting them, and them meeting me, I believe that we could not have been the only ones blessed with soulmates.

Before middle school, I had friends, but I never really felt a strong connection with them. We would talk, and laugh, but for most of my old friends, our relationships were mainly stuck in one place, with no room to grow. I would not call them the kind of people that I would give my last slice of pizza too just for their happiness.

During the first week of middle school, I began to associate myself with a somewhat new group of girls. We started out with just small talk and sitting together at lunch, and quickly began hanging out more and more until it got to the point where we asked each other “whose house are we going to this weekend”. In the blink of an eye our connection together was unshakable. I felt whole with them, like they were the people I had always been destined to find.

Before I met them, I don’t think I had ever laughed to the point where it physically hurt to laugh anymore. The kinds of laughs where nothing would come out of your mouth but everyone still knew that you were laughing. Soulmates are the kind of people you would sacrifice your life for and be happy about just because it makes them happy.

If you are reading this essay and the only thing that's on your mind is “If soulmates are real, how come I don’t have one”. The answer to you question could be one of two things, the first one being that you are not aware of the person that is you soulmate. I personally was not aware of my friends being my soulmates until 2 years into that friendship. The other solution could simply be that you haven't met that someone who you would consider one yet. I think that everyone has a specific person or group in the world that is destined to find love and happiness with, if it happened to me, why couldn’t it happen to you?

PerchanceToHope BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas
I know exactly what you mean. I've found exactly one friend like this, and they are very important to me.