Long Distance | Teen Ink

Long Distance

August 17, 2016
By urperfectthewayur SILVER, Laurel, Delaware
urperfectthewayur SILVER, Laurel, Delaware
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Someone will always be prettier. Someone will always be smarter. Someone will always be stronger. But no one will ever be you!"
-I don't know :)


Teens sometimes think that long distance relationships are a bad idea and that it's a waste of time. Simply because of the fact that it's too much work. For me, a long distance relationship shows maturity. You have to really serious about a relationship if it's long distance. That might be why there's not a lot of teens willing to do that. Because of the hard work put into it and there are some teens who just aren't mature. I am in a long distance relationship and I can tell you it can be tricky sometimes but in the end it's worth it! If you're in a long distance relationship, you might have already heard people say that it's never going to work out. If you haven't, you probably will at some point. I choose not to listen to them. Let them have their own opinion but don't let it affect your's. There are a bunch of long distance relationships that work out! Plus, with all of the technology we have today, it makes it a lot easier then if we didn't. Which is how my boyfriend and I are still together for almost 2 years now! Don't let others trick you into thinking that long distance relationships are a waste of time. If you are willing to be in a long distance relationship, that shows maturity in my opinion.


The author's comments:

I am so excited to be celebrating my 2 year anniversary with my boyfriend next week! I hope that you all like this!