Love, or Life? | Teen Ink

Love, or Life?

By JamieTheMisfit GOLD, Hartsdale, New York
JamieTheMisfit GOLD, Hartsdale, New York

Life is a great surprise. I do not see why death should not be an even greater one-Vladimir Nabokov

Love is an interesting thing. You'd give up so much just for the person you love...even the things you loved before you met them. You'd give them the world and what would they do? Just drop you. Kick you to the dust after a year of compassion and sacrafices. They would just drop you after a year of long nights staying up crying because you don't feel good enough. They would just drop you after a year of fighting just to make sure they would stay in your life. So why does this make love an interesting thing? Well, some would say love is blind. Blind to what exactly? The physical aspect? The personality? Well, sometimes you get unlucky and it's both. You pretend that they aren't saying horrible things about you behind your back and you pretend that you aren't hurt by the whole relationship because love...it takes over. Love makes you want to hold on by any means necessary no matter how much it hurts you....but that's no way to live. Life is supposed to be joyus with only minor bumps of pain just so that a lesson is learned or the circle of life takes its course but if your whole life is surrounded by pain...it's like you're suffocating, and there's no good way to get out of that. Your brain tells you that it's the best thing to do but your heart...your heart aches and screams and CRIES for you to just push through the pain and to keep fighting...keep fighting until what? Until it gets better? Sometimes with love, there really is no such thing as a happy ending.