A Destructive Feeling | Teen Ink

A Destructive Feeling

April 14, 2016
By marychen BRONZE, Markham, Ontario
marychen BRONZE, Markham, Ontario
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Destructive – What is the most destructive feeling in the world?

Everyday, everyone on earth experiences this day differently. Everyone has different perspectives on their approach of life, making them have different views and beliefs. If you were to ask strangers what the most destructive feeling in this world is, they may have similar answers, but their story behind it is completely different.

The feeling that we crave the most, the most precious gift we can give, could also be the most destructive feeling. Love. Everyone desires to know how true love feels like, but it cannot be explainable to the ones who have never experienced it because we all have different experiences on love. When one is asked to describe in one word how it felt to fall in love, they would not be able to gather their thoughts to form a word to best describe the feeling. It is stuck at the tip of their tongue because it’s just impossible to think of a word. This is how powerful love is, it is so powerful that no even one word in existence can describe it.

The famous story “Romeo and Juliet,” by Shakespeare is an example of how influential love can be. Anyone can say that Romeo and Juliet was just a senseless story about two silly teenagers who truly don’t know how it feels like to fall in love. However, if can see beyond the moral of the story, then that’s all need. Shakespeare didn’t kill off two characters to make us think their acts were inappropriate and out of stupidity. He killed them to make us realize how powerful and painful love can be, so powerful it can provoke humans to act upon it in brutal ways.

I believe that once in your life, you will find someone who can change your views on life for the better. You begin to tell them things you’d never hear from your mouth. You pour your heart out to them because you know they’ll never hurt your feelings but rather make you feel good about them. You share your dreams and accomplishments with them because you want them to be apart of it. One day you’ll realize you’re in love. The world seems brighter and better when you’re with them. They bring out the best in you during the darkest times and see the greatness behind it. Laughter and happiness seem like a frequent thing in life. You are grateful that you can enjoy their presence, even if it’s silence because as long as they’re there, there’s nothing more that you desire. When you’re with them it feels like a dream you’d never want to awake from because it hides you from the harsh reality. You give them your love and open up your heart even though there is a risk it can be broken.

But with love, also comes with fear and hatred. One day you’ll realize they won’t be apart of your life anymore due to various reasons. When that day comes, you find your heart in a million pieces from their absence. You think you’ve finally let go, but that’s when you know you’re wrong. You’ll never truly be able to forget the love you gave someone, vise versa, because that’s how painful love is. When you walk past a place where you shared a memory with them, your heart aches a little bit because you wonder what would have happened if things were different, if they were with you at that moment. Along the path of recovery, you are in pain from touching the sharp edges of the broken pieces that you’re trying so hard to glue back together.

Love is the most destructive feeling in the world, it has the power and pain to change the way we see the future.