Love at First Sight | Teen Ink

Love at First Sight

February 14, 2016
By ShanelleFernando GOLD, Sewickley, Pennsylvania
ShanelleFernando GOLD, Sewickley, Pennsylvania
14 articles 0 photos 0 comments

If you fall in love with someone’s face and/or body, not them as a person, which would take time to get to know--are you really falling in love with them?

Of course relationships begin when one person is attracted to another, but through the relationship, this attraction deepens to include the other’s personality and quirks. It’s important to reach the deepness of this attraction at some point, otherwise you’re basically falling in love with a body--a mask, if you will.

I’ve always questioned the idea of relationships. When I envision a perfect relationship I envision getting to know someone on a mental and emotional level and only then beginning a physical relationship. So love at first sight isn’t exactly relevant.

But ultimately, it’s up to you to decide how you approach relationships. There isn’t a right or wrong way to do it--there is a more preferable way though that will lead to long term happiness. But for people looking for short term enjoyment and happiness, you may find yourself seeing love at first sight.