Same-Sex Marriage Should Be Legal | Teen Ink

Same-Sex Marriage Should Be Legal

By Stephanie Gomez BRONZE, Grand Prairie, Texas
Stephanie Gomez BRONZE, Grand Prairie, Texas

Imagine a world where nobody is loved because who they are and what they have become , just by their personality nobody wants them to be together. This the reality for the same-sex marriage, that nobody want them because who they have become. They can not go anywhere without being stared at by the people who do not approve them . They just want to be  belong with the others in the world and be in a place where there is no judgmental about them . I believe that the same-sex marriage should be legal all around the world .

Same-sex is political , social, human rights, and civil right issue.  Every men and female should have the right to like who they want to like without being judgmental about it. Family , friends and the community should be grateful for the rights that they have in the world.Not everybody  have the same rights as they do like ,the gays they do not . They can not get married to their lovers, hold hands or even kiss . The same-sex should have the equal rights as the straight people does.

Gay marriage should be allowed everywhere in the United States ,  because it sometimes leave them out as a whole and as an individual . When a straight guy and girl kiss in public it is normal for them and to other and nobody complain because they see family and friends do it and they're not the same-sex , but if it is a boy and a boy or two girls would have kiss ,  hold hand ,or go out on a date they are disturbing their surrounding or people who would disagree on who they are. According to Justice Anthony Kennedy he ruled that the state cannot  single out a gay people for harassment and discriminatory  treatment because of the “Moral disapproval” of homosexuality . It is a good thing that Justice Anthony Kennedy said what he said because if he would not have said that then the same-sex would probably not have been proud of what they have become. Also in Ontario's high court ruled that same sex couple should have the right to marry under the nation charter right. They could do anything that wanted to if they would fight all over the state and not to give up. Then One month later from Ontario's ruling the same sex British Columbia appeals court issued A similar ruling.

The same- sex marriage have the right to express who they are and what they have become without that they would become just nobody . When the same-sex express them self nobody might not like it because the girls might dress as a guy or the guy might dress as a girl with the makeup, hill, and a dress. To them it is who they are and it is comfort to them because they have done it for most of their life and they enjoy every minute that they have to because whatever they are at people might stare but they are not going to care they are just going to be happy because nobody has to tell them to change or anything . Sometimes when they go out onto the streets and at home they can become who ever they want to become if the guy wants to put a lot of makeup or if the girl want to be a dude but, when they go to businesses and professional they can not dress like that because they would say something and it would be that professional. In Massachusetts Supreme Court declared the civil right and they gays and lesbians have the constitutional right . With that I don't think it should not matter how the same -sex people  dress because  it is their body and life they want to live it and if nobody do not like it then they do not have to be friend or look at them at all.

When the same-sex see the staights with their love ones and children , the same-sex are smiling because they do not want to show that they are hurt really happy for them but in reality they are heartbroken . They are heartbroken because when they see other couples together married they realized that they can not get married to each other because some people does not support them.That is not fair because what if they want to have children they would have to adopt and tell the children that the states are not okay with the same-sex marriage. If they would not let same-sex marriage then why would they let color married other colored people?

When the same-sex relize that they cannot get married in the state because they don't allow it, it messes up with their health and sometimes can go bad . They can get really depressed, have eating disorders, and anger management because they are mad at the world for not letting them get married to each other and for not supporting them like the same-sex marriage supports  others. Jonathan Rauch argued that marriage is good for all men , whether homosexual or heteralsexual because it engaging in social roles and reduces men aggression and promiscuity. With this I think that without same-sex they can be mentally and physically ill in their everyday life and it is not good for them.

Gay people is not bad in this world they have let people know it is okay to be different. Same sex let other people see who they are and what a life opportunities that they have to be someone else and what they wanted to be later on during their lifetime. Gay marriage should be legal for many reason . For their freedom to go and do what normal people do and for what is right in their life. Same-sex should live their life happy with their wife or husband and not get all these negativity from people who does not support them . People should support them , because if they support other people then it is not hard to support gay marriage or anything else. Gay people should be happy for the rest of their life and not to be sad. 

Work Cited
Cahill, Sean. "Preface." Same-Sex in the United States. N.p.: n.p., 2004. N. pag. Print.
"Same-sex Marriage." Same-sex Marriage. N.p., 2004. Web. 11 May 2015.

This essay is about my opion that the same-sex should be legal all over the the world and in the United States.