Let It Be | Teen Ink

Let It Be

By Rebel21 PLATINUM, St. Catharines, Other
Rebel21 PLATINUM, St. Catharines, Other

Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame,
Where there is a flame someone's bound to get burned.
Just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die,
You've got to get up and try.

Love is weird.  It is incomprehensible yet I am convinced blind people fall in love at a stronger pace than those deaf. I am convinced because everything we see with our eyes about a person is deceiving. We see their interests. We see the way they walk, how they make a first impression, how often they smile as they speak. Which of these changes behind closed doors? We don’t know. We don’t learn until we take a chance and become close to someone. Once we lay our feelings out upon the highway of building a relationship and risk becoming road kill, we slowly learn the details of another person. The details that hide beneath the surface of first impressions and attitudes in public; this is where we meet the true person. The rest is fake. Everything we knew before; how they acted when you met or acted when they were called upon in class, all washes away once you spend time with the, while under pressure or vulnerable of their feelings. This is when we decide to hang our coats and stay awhile, or tighten our grip on the door. This is when we decide to stay, or leave. Truth of the matter is; bystanders lest believe in relationships they see. “Awkward, un-expected, reverse-role play, opposite, or just plain weird” are words people say behind the backs of two people enjoying each other’s company. For what? These couples stay together for reasons nobody understands because maybe they’ve put their feelings on the line and realized that this person nobody else sees is one who understands them like nobody else.  Maybe the parts of them that nobody else knows about are those who connect and they themselves have no other explanation besides, “I’m just happier when they’re here.” Maybe they bring out the better person in themselves while they don’t realize and maybe spending time with them brings each of them closer to who they are as an individual.

So I guess what I’m saying is,
Love is strange.
Don’t judge it,
Don’t think your eyes can tell between the true and false of it.
Don’t even try to understand it,
Just let it be.

on Nov. 12 2014 at 8:04 am
Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

if life gives you lemons..... squeeze them back in life's eyes!

I knew by the first sentence that this peice was going to be good, I was rong.... it was great!