Pluto: The Freshman Planet | Teen Ink

Pluto: The Freshman Planet

January 19, 2017
By KMante PLATINUM, Leicester, Massachusetts
KMante PLATINUM, Leicester, Massachusetts
27 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Maybe its not about the happy ending, maybe its about the story.


For years and years we've been continuously fed the nonsense that there's an ocean on the moon, or mars, or somewhere, “somewhere” else far in the universe. Today they're telling us that Pluto is home to a deep ocean, “possibly”. Isn't that what they said about Mars? Honestly from my point of view, who cares what oceans there are out there in the universe. I feel like the job of a scientist nowadays is to only feed the public with imagination. What we think we have, what we think we can do, what we think we can see, and what we think is there, here, or somewhere. Is tomorrow even promised? How can we focus on Mars, Jupiter, and Uranus Saturn when the  Earth is slowly dissipating, and destroying itself before us. Why are we trying to find a “new home”, when all we have to do is take care of the one we have. If we can't take of the earth, how is guaranteed we’ll find take care of any fragile planet that lands in our clumsy hands. Pluto may just be another dream, that we'll never be able to see.