Who Cares About Mexicans, Anyway? | Teen Ink

Who Cares About Mexicans, Anyway?

April 18, 2017
By esmeralda1004 BRONZE, Maricopa, Arizona
esmeralda1004 BRONZE, Maricopa, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Donald Trump’s relationship with Mexicans has been interesting the past few months. He sat down with the president of Mexico, Enrique Peña Nieto, in a meeting to discuss the costs of building a necessary wall that will prevent Mexicans from crossing the border illegally. You know, since there is no way to go over or under a tall wall this must be the answer to all of America’s problems. Trump was so kind as to attempt to convince Mexico to pay for that wall.


All of Donald Trump’s supporters have a specific slogan in mind. Trump’s famous saying is to, “Make America Great Again”. He is definitely making it great for everyone by preventing Muslims from six different countries from entering the land of opportunity. That makes perfect sense.


Everyone eats tacos and drinks margaritas on Cinco de Mayo because it’s Mexico’s independence day! That means they’re cultured, right? (It’s mostly celebrated in America, but there doesn’t seem to be much of a difference). As long as something is being done to make the Mexicans think they are worthy, then all is well.
Murderers, Rapists, Illegals, you name it. Illegal is actually an adjective not a noun. Most human beings cannot be illegal, except Mexicans. Apparently, they are illegal. Mexicans are all of the negative things you can think of. Why? Well, pretty much because they’re Mexican and because Trump said so. The most terrible thought was probably provoked by one. Donald Trump has brought to light all of the consequences that have occurred because of Mexican immigrants. If you haven’t been keeping up with the news, nothing has changed. Mexicans are still using America and stealing resources like jobs, food stamps, etc.


If Mexicans were sent back to their country, Americans would have more jobs (on the fields, of course). Citizens of the United States are dying to get their hands on the crops that the Mexicans hog. The fence doesn’t seem to keep enough people out of America so building a wall seems the most logical way to spend tax payer money, even though there is already a fence. Adding a wall will show the Mexicans who they’re dealing with!
It makes perfect sense to categorize an entire ethnicity. All Mexicans are illegal immigrants, or whatever. There’s no such thing as a Mexican American who’s followed the citizenship process and obtained it. It’s definitely not possible for Mexicans to enter the United States legally.


Colombian, Salvadorian, Cuban, they’re basically all the same. Everyone who speaks Spanish is Mexican. There are mostly Mexicans in the United States so nobody cares about the other Hispanics. The United States is a world where everyone has a voice, and by everyone I mean the majority. The system the United States has in place allows the majority to make the final decisions. What happens with those who disagree with popular beliefs? They’re overshadowed and forgotten about.


It’s clear that there might be a bit of tension between Mexicans and Donald Trump, but the real issue is that America would suffer severely by sending Mexicans away. Without Mexicans in the United States, who would make the best burritos? That’s what is most important, after all. Life in America would be greatly affected by the loss of not only the people, but the burritos. Along with the burritos, the delicious salsa would disappear and there is no point in living without enjoying salsa. Tacos, tacos, tacos. They keep the world spinning. Although Americans could make tacos, it wouldn’t compare to the authentic recipes. America without Mexicans is an America without tacos. Since it’s all Mexicans are good for, maybe Donald Trump will decide to allow them to stay in the country. That is if he is a fan of tacos, but that is highly unlikely.


When someone opens their mouth, nobody judges them based on how they speak. Those are just crazy ideas made up by the self-conscious. Preconceived notions about a certain group have never occurred. It’s simply a fact that Mexicans are not as capable as others in countless different ways and we should thank Donald Trump for emphasizing it.


The author's comments:

This is a satirical piece addressing racism and xenophobia in America.