America Is Bleeding | Teen Ink

America Is Bleeding

February 13, 2017
By Anonymous

On International Holocaust Remembrance Day, the “Land of the Free” closed its airports to the refugees most in need of help. The executive order that banned people from seven predominantly Muslim countries from travelling to the United States is, in my opinion, a terrible order from our President, Donald Trump. The ban is unconstitutional, violating the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, and even if it wasn’t against the Constitution, it’s still a horrible thing to do.  15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia, and Saudi Arabia was excluded from Donald Trump’s ban list. Over the past 16 years, over 100 times more Americans have been killed or injured by gun violence in the United States than were killed from terrorism, including 9/11 . So really, most violence in the United States is coming from the residents already here. Instead of banning Muslims from coming here, we should focus on what’s really causing the most amount of deaths in the United States. We could ban people from owning guns instead of banning Muslims and that would decrease violence in the United States (but D.T. is conservative so I don’t think that would happen). This travel ban is really destroying the heart of America, and the only doctors who are helping the U.S. stay alive are the judges in Courts.