Thats your racism? | Teen Ink

Thats your racism?

By Crazymexican GOLD, Jay, Maine
Crazymexican GOLD, Jay, Maine

not sure

You know you never know what racism is until your friends start it. I mean you have known many of them for so long and at first you think there joking. Then it gets into more hurtful words and "jokes". Like you start to question what happened to change them during the few months this since this started. Racial comments they don't realize how hard they hit home. Teachers don't do much to try and stop it.

I mean there are places in the world you can go to and not be hated because of your ethnic background. I for one would expect little rural towns were you all know each other. Even in those towns racism still finds a place to shove its rear its ugly head.

I have a friend who I can't even have contact with because her fathers racist. I always talk to some people only to find out they turn into a racist person the second my back has turned. I have to say that the best way to deal with racism is to attempt to ignore it. I say "attempt" because everyone knows that these people do it for the satisfaction of getting you in trouble