You Know You're Loved. | Teen Ink

You Know You're Loved.

September 5, 2011
By Drewby SILVER, Beecher, Illinois
Drewby SILVER, Beecher, Illinois
7 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To be or not to be, that is the question-" William Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act III Scene I


Fag. Queer. I've heard all the nasty things that gay people are constantly subjected to 24/7, and quite frankly, it makes me want to vomit. Since when is being gay so bad that it gives everybody an excuse to bully these poor individuals all because of who they are? Why is this happening? I thought the Untied States was supposed to be a free country where everyone is equal. I guess I was wrong.

I know that the two main reasons that gays are bullied ten times more than everyone else are: people observe being gay as being sick and disgusting and therefore they make fun of that person for being sick and disgusting; the other reason is that homosexuality is, supposedly, not supported by religion and therefore the 'servants of God' must bully that person into a new lifestyle.

First off, I really don't see being gay as sick and disgusting. I think it is just how they were created. They were designed to be a homosexual from the point of their birth to the moment they died. Science has proven that a disorder of the X and Y chromosomes can result with the individual, with the chromosome disorder, having attractions to the same sex. I know that there is no gay gene and there is no choice in being gay. It is all in the chromosomes. But alas, people still think it's a choice and they still bully people for that.

Now let's go to religion, where the second problem of gay discrimination lies. In the Bible, there are six verses that supposedly condemn gay people. I am a Christian myself and I know that God doesn't care if you're gay or not. Just think about it; the Bible was written hundreds of thousands of years ago when there was slavery, when women were considered property of men, when interracial marriage was outlawed. All three of these sayings don't apply in the world of today. So why wouldn't homosexuality not apply to the world as it did back then. Because people still think it's sinful. Please, thinking that homosexuality is sinful is like thinking slavery is alright (the Bible does support the existence of slavery). Then there are people who bring up the story of Adam and Eve when they would be questioned about homosexuality. They would say stuff like, "God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve". Well, I hate to break it to you, but God did create Adam and Steve first off. I do not believe the Bible version of the story of Adam and Eve. The real story of Adam and Eve is when God created the earth, he created living beings he called MAN. He gave them the power to live forever along with other male species. Then, about a million years later, he discovered that man was evolving and that a new breed of beings spawned from the man. God called the beings that spawned from the man, WOMAN. Then, about a million years later, men and women were fully evolved and could understand God perfectly. So God laid down a set of rules (similar to the ten commandments) that the people had to abide to. And, of course, people broke the rules and that made God angry. So he punished men and women by giving them an expiration date. But the men and women found a way to make legacies, by having children through intercourse. So there's my version of the story of Adam and Eve.

Every year, thousands of teens across the planet commit suicide. More than half of these teens are gay teens being bullied. Again, it makes me sick to think about that. They were bullied all because they were different. Now I will rewrite something posted on many sights by different authors all saying the same thing. They're spreading the word:

A 15 year-old is seen with her 1 year old child and people call her a slut. They don't know that she was raped when she was 13. People make fun of a guy who is obese. Little do they know, he has a disease that makes him overweight. A man is ridiculed for having a deformed face. They have no clue that the man was severely injured while trying to defend our country. People make fun of a woman for being bald. They don't know that she has cancer and is going through therapy. People judge others by what they look like or what people say to them, instead of looking on the inside of that person.

If you're gay, don't think you're not loved. You ARE loved. People love you, no matter what you do or look like. Don't think this is the end, just look ahead at the positives.


The author's comments:
I hope you guys understand that there is no shame to being gay. It's no more of a choice than the color of your skin. Always love yourself for who you are.