black and cupcakes | Teen Ink

black and cupcakes

By Lindsey.L SILVER, New York, California
Lindsey.L SILVER, New York, California

Let’s face it, even though sometimes we don’t mean it, we judge people. Whether it’s by their clothes, their hair of their personality, we decide for ourselves whether we find that person acceptable in our school. There’s a girl that goes to my high school is a complete Goth. Dresses with all black ,capes, spikes and long face covering black hair. The type of girl who your parents would make you sleep outside at – 30if they saw you hanging around with her. But that’s exactly where I go wrong, I judge this girl because she looks different and I put her in a different category then myself. Truth is, her favorite food is cupcakes, she loves dancing in front of people and she talks up a storm. Although I don’t know her that well personally, her personality shines through like a sun through her dark gothy veil. I judged someone because they were different, but on the inside their just the same as me.

MarkRuff SILVER, Allen, South Dakota

"In order for this system to work, they have to mine our minds to get at the essence of our spirit. This is the pollution, and it's a disease, and it lives and travels through the mind, through the generations." -John Trudell

What I think about when I see someone of that stature then I think what they gone through and I realize that I have a lot more respect for them. But it is true that all of us judge even if we don't mean to because first impressions is survival.

RainbowSpike BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
Hmmm..pants