Gun Safety and Suicide | Teen Ink

Gun Safety and Suicide

March 13, 2018
By ZhyirMasey BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
ZhyirMasey BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Dear President Donald J. TRUMP:

Did you know? Over 100,00 schools are shot or people kill themselves over sadness depress and anger? my name is Zhyir M. and I'm here to tell you about gun safety. What the first thing I'm going to talk about is how people shot guns. The way for some people how to shoot guns are dangerous. 

They shoot it the wrong way and wind up shooting somebody or killing them. What I think they should do is make more safety gun laws and change the age for how old you can be to shoot people because people are shooting guns at a really young. Next, people in school are ether getting bullied or depressed because of bullies. Bullies can cause them to get angary and they want to take matters into their own hands. Why do people get mad? 

Why do people do these things? Well, the truth is, its people who judges to quickly. After, this states how gun important safety is

''in the U.S. An average of nearly three times that many people have been killed by guns each day this year, which has seen more than 9,900, gun deaths so far. More than 20,000 people have also been injured by guns in 2015.''And that's not all there is more. . about people killing them self's ''Approximately 0.5% to 1.4% of people die by suicide, a mortality rate of 11.6 per 100,000 persons per year. Suicide resulted in 842,000 deaths in 2013 up from 712,000 deaths in 1990. Rates of suicide have increased by 60% from the 1960s to 2012, with these increases seen primarily in the developing world.'' 

 

Sincerely,  

 

Zhyir  M.