Bullying | Teen Ink

Bullying

By cheyenne79 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
cheyenne79 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Dear, Mr President:

I'm doing a debate on bullying because it’s a real problem not a childish problem. I also picked it because it causes symptoms it causes depression, suicidal thoughts, not being focused on school work, thinking That no one cares about them, stress, ect. The reason why this is a problem is because the one who is being bullied could be scared to come to school. 75% of shootings incidents at schools have been linked to bullying and harassment. Some people have been threatened online that’s a real problem.

Another reason why this topic is so important is because of stress- stress makes kids angry and not want to do school, stress makes kids just want to stay home and cry all day over some kid that has been bullying him or her and they feel like they're nothing, stress causes anxiety and depression causes suicide thoughts. Do you really want kids to harm themselves over someone who has been picking on them?Stress can effect anyone who feels overwelmed even kids in preschool and separation from parents can cause anxiety. As kids get older academic and social presures get even worse. I want to be stress free in school not have stress.

There is a strong link between bullying and suicide, as suggested by recent bullying-related suicide in the U.S. and other countries. Parents, teachers, and students learn the dangers of bullying and help students who may be at risk of commiting suicied. That is the reason I put my mind on this subject because it needs to change. So I'm going to speak up now and make this diffrence once and for all. We need to stop it, we need to just ignore people, we need to stand up, not stand down.

Sincerely,

Cheyenne